Thursday, October 23, 2014

Friday fun day

 Fridays are hard, Jack has Cub Scouts the night before so he is wired when he gets home so once Friday morning is here he is in no mood for school, unless it is fun. So I started Friday fun day, or free day. We were going out to the Library these days until we got sick, or, really until I got sick two weeks ago and we kept passing the cold around. Anyway, before the illnesses caught up with us we went to the Air Force Museum out in the airport close to town. Boys and planes equals lots of excitement!
 See them run!
 This was an old plane where guys would jump out of the them for WWII. After this we had an impromptu lesson about that war and who Hitler was. I hesitate to show my kids or want to teach them about the horrors of the world but I have learned that the sooner they see the bad, the faster they learn how to choose the good. And that is my job, to teach them how to manage their lives on their own one day.

 Love these pictures of them in this old plane.




 Learning hands on is helping my boys so much more than sitting still. Glad I learned that part in education classes before I dropped out.

No comments:

Post a Comment